What is an EDI 310 Freight Receipt and Invoice (Ocean)?
EDI 310 is an electronic document comprises of ocean bill of lading information related to a shipment.
The transaction set is used for the following purposes:
- Ocean carriers send the bill to various interested parties, which use it as a receipt
- It is used as a substitute of a paper bill of lading (it is imperative for the parties to agree that a paper bill of lading is not required)
- It verifies the bill of lading information before printing and releasing the receipt
- It provides general information
- It conveys manifest information
- It is also used as an invoice for the related freight
Workflow for the Exchange of an EDI 310 Freight Receipt and Invoice (Ocean)
EDI 310 falls under the category of X12I Transportation transaction set. It is used by shippers, ocean carriers, and terminal operators to exchange receipt as well as invoice details related to a shipment. It can also be used to provide information related to ocean carriers.
Stay EDI Compliant with EDIConnect
With a built-in message parser, validator, and transaction builder, EDIConnect can handle transaction sets in X12, EDIFACT, and HL7 formats. This helps businesses easily exchange EDI documents with their trading partners, allowing them to stay EDI compliant. Using EDIConnect, users can automate file uploads and downloads, create workflows, and transform files into the required format to streamline the process.