IT Infrastructure Lead (Night Shift)
Information Technology | Karachi, Pakistan
What You’ll Do
- Installation, configuration, management of computer hardware, OS & Network Devices
- Display and keep current knowledge of hardware, software, networking, applications, and systems engineering
- Perform network administrative functions for WAN connectivity, International Sites and Multi-Homing Internet Gateways. Working with international and local carriers/ISPs for global peering and circuit installations
- Creating Policies, Custom-Categories, URL Filtering and adding/removing URLs from local categories on Palo Alto (5050, 3020, 200, Panorama) and Cisco ASA (5510, 5515, 5525x, 5545x)
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365)
- Migration of Local and Remote Data Center servers (Live) to cloud (AWS)
- Cloud storage Gateway, EC2 instance, Workspaces, Route 53, ELB, S3 (AWS)
- Monitoring network through Cacti and firewall. Also, Managing Firewall, VPN and security profiles
- Provide professional recommendation for efficient operations Interface with other teams for project and operational activities
- Build up skills to perform Remote diagnosis and resolution of problems remote sites/clients
- Introduce cost-effective best practices related to the needs of the business
- Hands on experience on Cisco and Dell Managed switch series.
- Desktop and server related issues (Windows, Linux)
- Installation, Configuration of Linux and SQL Server
- Maintain and upgrade existing IT infrastructure
- Managing Virtualization environment (SCVMM)
- Administrating domain, policies and shared folder rights for users
- Managing VSTS
- Design and implementation of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Licensing & subscription
- Vendor management
- Inventory management
What You’ll Need?
- Sound knowledge of Server OS, Network Devices & VM
- Sound knowledge of AD, DHCP, DNS
- Good knowledge of Linux and SQL server’s database
- Hands-on expertise on different Firewalls (Preferably Palo Alto, Cisco ASA)
- Advanced PC/Laptop/Server and other hardware knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot internal IT infrastructure issues
- Good knowledge of Hyper-V (SCVMM), Backups, Antivirus & Office 365 management.
- Good knowledge of Cloud platforms like AWS, MS Azure, VSTS
- Ability to migrate, replicate and deploy servers on cloud (AWS)
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Must be energetic, motivated and creative mind for project implementation and support
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with end users
- Microsoft, Cisco & AWS certification will be preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science
- 5+ years of an experience in planning, organization and management of an information technology function
What We Offer
- A thriving culture, with every single one of your colleagues just as smart, passionate, and driven as you are.
- Flexible environment, we don’t believe in rigid hierarchies and lots of rules and restrictions.
- Space here is open and inviting, where we have fun even as we work.
- Outstanding remuneration, we don’t skimp on the money – we’d be happy to pay you whatever you think you’re worth and are able to convince us. This comes with regular benefits and perks too, and your suggestions for more inclusions are always very welcome.
- A chance to be a part of something great, a chance to make your mark, and a chance to be challenged beyond anything you’ve ever experienced.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Astera Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building the best team possible and believe that great ideas can come from anyone. All the employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual potential and qualifications, without any regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
The Astera team is diverse – we welcome and learn from different individual experiences and points of view that our teammates bring to the table. We're excited to have you inspire us with yours!