What is an EDI 353 Customs Events Advisory Details Document?
EDI 353 is an electronic document that notifies Customs regarding the movements, arrivals, and departures of cargo. The event details exchanged include the following information:
- The arrival of containers
- The arrival of cargo that is covered by bills of lading
- The arrival of cargo that is covered by in-bond numbers
- The arrival of cargo moved to an inland destination
- The notification to Customs about a cargo’s arrival and departure, which has been manifested electronically
- The transfer of the custodial liability of an in-bond movement
The data contents and format of EDI 353 Customs Events Advisory Details are used for the electronic interchange of information. It is divided into various segments and data elements.
Workflow for the Exchange of an EDI 353 Customs Events Advisory Details Document
EDI 353 falls under the category of X12I Transportation transaction set. The transaction set is used by terminal operators and carriers to provide notification of the arrival and departure of a cargo shipment. It can also be used alongside other transaction sets to provide information related to ocean carriers.
Stay EDI Compliant with EDIConnect
With a built-in message parser, validator, and transaction builder, EDIConnect can handle transaction sets in X12, EDIFACT, and HL7 formats. This helps businesses easily exchange EDI documents with their trading partners, allowing them to stay EDI compliant. Using EDIConnect, users can automate file uploads and downloads, create workflows, and transform files into the required format to streamline the process.